In Sharm El Sheikh you can find the Gargonia in many dives sites, in the north they are very special in Jackson reef, Woodhouse reef and Thomas reef.
In the south they are found in Ras Gozlani, Jack fish Ally and Shark & Yolanda reef.
Along the coast they are found in Ras Um Sid, Near garden, Ras Nasrani.
In the above sites you can find them in big numbers and in different sizes but these are not the only dive sites where you can find the gargonia, almost in all the dive sites in Sharm El Sheikh you can see them.
The Gargonias grows to be very big and can reach as I saw my self around 4 meters width and in general they grow to be big in the sites where the currents can be strong.
The Gargonias manage to bent with the current and not break down but with the small touch from a human they tend to break so always make sure to keep a distance from it when you are diving and making photos.
I noticed that they are growing in big numbers in the inside of Ras Zaatar, I saw them on the inside of this site around 12 years ago and they were small starting from 20 cm up to may be 50 cm so now they must be much bigger.
The next time I am diving on the inside of Ras Zaatar I will make some photos of them and publish these photos so every one can see how much they grew in these years.



No comments:
Post a Comment